.quickedit{ display:none; } .quickedit{ display:none; }

Monday, January 23, 2012

Get your information from Facebook

I just discovered how easy it is to get the pictures and other information back from Facebook; I therefore now plan to back up my Facebook data, all 150 megabytes. This setting has probably existed for a while, but I have never used it.

Area account settings (click home in the upper right corner) contains an active link to download a copy of your Facebook data. Click the link.

Facebook will generate your personal archive and send you an e-mail message when the file is ready.

The resulting file contains all of the photos, comments and other information in your Facebook account. The last step is to back up this file to a CD, external hard disk or online service to ensure that the information is not lost, even if the computer fails.

Now that I have all my data back, I plan to create a Facebook Story Book. I will provide an update to this post when I have finished my photo book.

Beth Sutton

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment